MBBS, MRCS (UK), MCh Orth, FRCS (Tr & Orth) (UK)
Fellowships: Fellowship in Arthroscopy & Sports injuries (London)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Yashoda Hospital Secunderabad, Jaya clinic, Hyderabad.
Dr Nithin Kumar is accomplished orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in Sports injuries and minimal access Joint Replacements surgeries. He has his private practice in Yashoda hospital Secunderabad. His degrees include MBBS, MRCS, FRCS(Tr&Ortho), MCh Ortho.
After completion of medical degree in Manipal, Dr Nithin made a career move to England in 2001. He completed basic surgical training from Birmingham, UK in 2004 and went on to complete higher surgical training in Orthopaedics, Trauma, joint replacements, sports injuries, Arthroscopy of shoulder, knee, ankle from Yorkshire, UK in 2010. He also did the prestigious fellowship under Dr Andrew Wallace in shoulder Arthroscopy and replacements and Dr Andy Williams for Knee injuries in London.
After 12 years in England, Dr Nithin returned to India to set up his private practice in Hyderabad.
As patients’ functional demands following surgeries have increased, technology has advanced to cater for this need. Dr Nithin is a strong advocate of tailoring treatment to patient demand and uses many modern techniques in his daily clinical practice. Such techniques include the use of Arthroscopy, stem cell treatment, minimal access surgery, uncemented hip replacement, partial knee replacement, high-performance joint replacements and rapid postoperative rehabilitation.
In addition to a busy clinical practice Dr Nithin Kumar maintains an active interest in medical education, training and research. He runs a fellowship programme for Arthroscopic procedures to train the budding surgeons. He has many publications to his name. He is a regular faculty in national and regional orthopaedic conferences.
- Sports injury care
- Shoulder pain assessment
- Complex shoulder trauma
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Ligament reconstruction
- Multiple ligament injuries
- Meniscal repair
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Shoulder replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Minimal access Joint Replacements
- Member of Royal college of surgeons, Edinburgh
- Fellow of Royal college of surgeons, Glasgow
- Member British Orthopaedic Association
- Member European Orthopaedic Research society
- Indian cartilage society
- Indian orthopaedic association
- Indian association of sports medicine
- Telangana association of sports medicine
- Deccan Arthroscopy society
- Team doctor for Rotherham rugby club 2007
- Team doctor for Marston cricket club, Yorkshire 2008-2010
- Indian Davis cup team doctor 2012 to present
- Elite football league of India medical director
- Hyderabad cricket association
- Sports authority of Telangana
- Telangana lawn tennis association
- Celebrity cricket league
- Fateh Hyderabad football club